LEBANON-UNDER-ATTACK - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* LEBANON-UNDER-ATTACK > Topics

Subject: Rings of hatred
Replies: 26 Views: 1605

skicker 8/5/2006 - 3:34:37
What do u think is the true motivation behind this fierce attack on lebanon? *

skicker 8/5/2006 - 3:41:24
Maybe its orders from the first face of democracy in the world President Bush, or maybe a revenge for their withdrawl in 2000, or probably they are trying to erase the only multicultural nation in the middle east where people from 18 religions live side by side in peace *

razorfem 8/7/2006 - 12:24:02
I think the new israeli prime minister wants to show some clout because he's a newbie. The US and UK are only making token gestures at resolving the brutal attack on the lebanese people (and they can say what they like, they're not targeting hezbollah because lebanese CIVILIANS are dying) because they are siding with israel on this, because to THEM it's a bit of help in their War on Terror. I'd like to know WHY the UN is doing SO little? *

skicker 8/7/2006 - 10:31:28
First, i dont think the way in which the US is operating the war on terror is really working, and the most practical example is IRAQ where about 50 civilians die everyday, because violence can't stop violence, it only increases it. Second, lets say the USA is aiming to eliminate terror forces, isreal shouldn't be the best choice for doing that, last week, the israeli air force asked a village residents to leave it, when they gathered, they shot them with rockets and killed them, i don't think that's stopping terror, that's expanding it further *

skicker 8/7/2006 - 11:20:43
Concerning the UN, from their perspective they believe they done their job through resolution 1559 which gives the lebanese goverment the responsibility of disarming hezbollah, but whovever is familiar with the lebanese internal structure knows that this impossible because it may lead 2 a civil war. A national dialouge was made for this purpose, but it lead nowhere. *

afroguji 8/7/2006 - 12:17:58
The UN opposed the invasion of Iraq but that didn't mean anything. The UN can't affectuate any resolution against Israel (despite majority support) because the US supports Israel. Had Israel cared about a peace in the middle east, then Palestinian refugees would've been allowed to return to their homeland and a UN peacekeeping force would've been allowed into the country. I think the real motivation is entangled in the existence of Israel itself. *

skicker 8/7/2006 - 12:31:15
WE DONT WANNA ERASE IRAEL, WE JUST WANNA LIVE IN PEACE *

afroguji 8/7/2006 - 2:58:14
So you want peace. On one hand the racist Israeli state falsely planted and created in the wake of Palestinian humiliation. What peace can follow with this country that will kill Lebanese civilians like they're rats in a trap? The war has made it clear. Israel is opposed to any other nation knowing its potential in the middle east. It is there and it means to be zionist in every way. What peace can exist there? *

razorfem 8/7/2006 - 3:32:28
I don't know any more... I'm an emotional person and i can't handle the fact that people, little children and babies are getting killed. That, to me, is the bottom line. And NOBODY is stopping the killing. People are talking and talking and what's being done? I apologise to people that might find my outburst upsetting, but i need to make my feelings known, since i'm Human and Humane. I have a friend in lebanon that i lost contact with 3weeks ago. *

skicker 8/7/2006 - 3:40:17
u shudnt apologize razor, the least thing to do is 2 b sorry 4 the mothers that lost their children, the childs that lost their parents, nd those that their homes were destroyed *

skicker 8/7/2006 - 3:54:57
Well, youre totally right afroguji, nobody is arguing bout the brutality nd violence done by israel, but lets b a bit practical, lebanon alone is unable to fight israel alone, nd also 4 known reasons the army cannot interfere, so either let the patriot arab regimes open their borders to fight israel, or we have the right to ask for our very least right: peace. *

skicker 8/7/2006 - 4:08:51
Israel borders are with: Egypt,Jordan,Syria nd Lebanon. Well, for egypt nd Jordan, they were intelligent rather than emotional, they signed a peace treaty with israel, syria didnt fight israelis on its occupied golan heights from 10s of years, while president assad takes always about fighting israel as if people r idiots. Our economy depends on tourism, 1 million tourists where expected to come to lebanon this summer, those who didnt come never think about it anymore, and those that came mostly left to syria, hotels r full out there nd they r benefiting 4rm it. Do we have to pay all that to prove we r nationalists *

afroguji 8/7/2006 - 5:48:37
But I think nationalism is the cause of weakness in the arab world .. And probably elsewhere too .. Lebanese aren't being punished because they fail the UN litmus test of a recognised nation .. They're being warred because they can be. Israel has the capacity to kill so they kill. Its recognised jewish law that there aren't innocents amongst the enemy. As long as you speak arabic and are committed to peace and justice in the middle east, they are an enemy of Israel. Man, woman and child. *

razorfem 8/7/2006 - 9:26:21
It breaks my heart. It really does. I have no more words. *

afroguji 8/8/2006 - 6:52:44
I meant as long as you want peace and justice in the middle east, then YOU are an enemy of Israel. The civilian death toll must certainly have exceeded 1000 civilian deaths. Is the IDF amassing for an assault on Beirut? *

skicker 8/8/2006 - 9:59:34
Ya rite, im aware that one of israel's doctrines is to occupy all the land from forat river to nile nd there's a poster inside the kenesit(Israeli Parliament) that says 'ISRAEL, FROM FORAT TO NILE', so they wont stop their wars until occupying this land which encloses egypt, palestine, jordan, lebanon, iraq... and they wont stop until acheiving this absurd goal *

skicker 8/8/2006 - 10:07:59
They threatened to attack beirut, but hezbollah said if this happens they will attack Tel-Aviv, and thats whats stopping them now *

afroguji 8/8/2006 - 12:44:04
Thats right .. Hezbollahs presence is at the least making the cruelest of the IDF soften their strategy and at least some in Israel want to know whats the point. The Lebanaese and Arab nations have right.. Israelis have only might and the propoganda of that might. Unfortunately skicker .. the fertile grounds from which modern civilization has so much to be grateful for has always just been an enviable peace of real estate for other people. Whether it was Roman, Mongols, French, British, and now the west supported zionist movement .. arabs bear a legacy like africans bear theirs. But your people are supported by world opinion and moreso your God given right to know freedom in your own land. *

joseph28 8/8/2006 - 5:01:20
What do u think about sending the lebanese army to the south? *

skicker 8/8/2006 - 8:17:11
Thanks afroguji for ur interesting Comments. Concerning Sending the army to the south, i don't think this is the problem. The problem is deploying the army along the border. First, there are already 1000s of armymen in the south, and hezbollah is not interfering into their jobs. Second, Deploying the army on the borders would be very dangerous for the army because as u know the lebanese army lacks air force, and this allows the israelis to destoy its barracks totally in hours, this is not the case for hezbollah because they are not a classical army. *

skicker 8/8/2006 - 9:06:48
However, this shouldn't mean at all that hezbollah is a substitute for the army. As it's known, hezbollah comes from a one religion and one political party, which makes the decision of war outside the hands of goverment, as prime minister saniora said:'We are the last to know and the first to pay'. So i believe, the best solution is to extend the authority of the UNIFIL so they can keep stability in the south, although this is also controversial *

afroguji 8/9/2006 - 9:38:48
UNIFIL? .. Can the refugees vote in Lebanon? The situation in the South is unique .. But I agree that if Hezbollah wants to be a political party in Lebanon they must integrate and accept the authority of the Lebanese parliament and respect the countries rules and laws. At the same time .. The refugees must be protected and supported .. They have no real home and any cooperation with Israel is collusion against all arab nationalism and internationalism.. *

skicker 8/9/2006 - 10:13:10
Hezbollah is already a political party with representatives in the goverment and the parliamant and thats why the lebanese goverment is assumed to hold the responsibility 4 their actions. They stand behind the govermental statement which gave them the right to liberate their prisoners. This govermental indirect support is not the case for the refugees. The palestinian refugee camps are heavy armed, and cause serious threat to the security. Last month, they killed a lebanese soldier in clashes with the army. Believe me, they are not what they look like. *

afroguji 8/9/2006 - 10:37:19
Palestinans are trapped. We also know about Sabra and Shatila. I've read that the Lebanese army colluded with Sharon in the massacre. At least the Lebanese know periods of normalcy. The refugees live with the insanity of their experience everyday. *

skicker 8/9/2006 - 11:10:23
That was in the civil war, and it wasnt the army, it was a militia, who's leader was killed by israel coz he was about to prove sharon's responsibility of the massacre. This is a special case. However, i dont think the palestenian refugees should keep their weapons outside the authority of the goverment. Army can't even enter the camps, they have their own laws there. They refused 2 exchange their weapons with sum civil rights *

afroguji 8/10/2006 - 1:00:38
Considering the extrajudicial inhumane bombing and destruction of Lebanon, the pre-emptive invasion of Iraq and its civil war, the existence of Israel like the last burning flame of colonialism, the shattered state of Afghanistan and its very installed ''democratic'' leader, the cruelty of the Syrian regime .. the MIDDLE EAST itself is a special case. *

daizy81 8/23/2006 - 6:55:02
I hate president Bush and everything he stands for and does but how is it the fault of the USA that militants are attackin Lebanon? Our media doesn't really care bout real world news so can someone pls enlighten me? *

* LEBANON-UNDER-ATTACK Forum

Search:
topics replies

* LEBANON-UNDER-ATTACK

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search